Friday, September 12, 2014

The power of love

The power of love
By Afrodite aka Rose

I went to say good bye to you today
as in that cold coffin your body laid.
I cried tears that ran down my face as I
remember events from back in the day.
I was standing there watching your
family members grieving and in pain
but I felt something
very strange I felt your  presence
it came over me like a tidal  wave.
A tidal wave in the form of goose bumps.
I realized at that very moment
that we weren't saying bye to
you, you were saying bye to each one of
us. Your body was being lowered into the
ground but your spirit was all around.
Some knew you at the end of your life and
Some knew you at the beginning, others
throughout your life. You
were a daughter, sister, a cousin a wife,
a mother,
an aunt a grandmother and even a great
grandmother to many, but most of all
you were a friend and loved by a multitude
of friends and family. Your body is gone that
is true, this  fact is what makes those
who love you sad and blue but they
don’t understand the miracle that happened
 some got it in form of goose bumps
they thought it was sadness, but it was the
power of love touching our hearts as
you spread your wings making your
way to heaven. Loved ones never really
go away it just feels that way because we
can’t touch them hug them or speak to them
like we did day by day. I can’t speak for
everyone but as for me I’m grateful to have
been touched by the power of love today.
Rose@---,--- ©09/12/2014


No comments:

Post a Comment